Thursday, February 14, 2008

Busyness

"Still others, like seed sown among the thorns, hear the word, but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful." Mark 4:18-19

The parable of the sower describes so accurately my walk with the Lord. Since becoming saved as a 19 year old college student, my walk with the Lord has been a labrynth filled with twists, turns and falls as I navigated the world without seeking God's guidance on anything. Trapped among the thorns of climbing the corporate ladder, having the newest house, or driving the biggest car, I floundered for years to find happiness among the "worries of this life." Even today as a "mature Christian," I still find myself drawn to the trappings of wealth and lure of physical pleasure.

So when does it end? Why am I not satisfied with a loving God who provides all my needs. Surely at 50, I can put away childish things and focus the latter half of my life on God's work! Just when I think I have my walk in full stride with my Creator, I stumble on the path and fall into another briar patch.

Lord, I thank you that you are always there to pick me up, dust me off and nudge me back into your path. Plant me in the good soil so that I may produce a crop thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times what was sown. I am tired of Being Under Satan's Yoke (BUSY). Too busy to pray, to busy to call a friend, love my wife, or read your Word. I no longer want to put aside the affairs of the Kingdon, for the deceitfulness of earthly pleasure. Heal me Lord and make my crop bountiful. I want to serve you with all of the passion that you have placed into my heart. You are such a good God and I love that you love me, even when I am unlovable. I ask these things in the name of Jesus, my Lord and Saviour. Amen!

No comments: