Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I Stand at the Door and Knock

"As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." Rev 3:19-21.



In the Book of Revelation, Jesus writes seven letters to Churches of that day which when laid out in order, mystically reveal church history from 100 AD until the time of the Great Tribulation. The commendation and criticism God had for each of the churches reveal to the modern day Christian that there are many practices and attitudes in churches today that the believer, who is serious about his relationship with the Father, should distance himself from.

Many people today are claiming that they have "lost their religion" because of the experiences they have had in church. Judging from the letters in Revelation chapters 2 and 3 this is not at all surprising to God. Jesus clearly reminds seven times, "He who has an ear let him hear what the Spirit says unto the churches." that we should recgonize the churches that do not stand on the word of God and leave them. Warning us of the dangers of false doctrine and the dismissal of God's word.

We live in very interesting times. The level of deception seems to be increasing and the number of people leaving churches because of false doctrine, wickedness in the pulpits and hypocracy in the pews, is on the rise. As believers we must pray for the lost and lead them gently to the loving arms of our Father who wants to adopt them into his family (our family). Time seems to be running short as the day of our Lord's glorious return is ever closer.

My prayer. Father, I pray in the name of Jesus that you would open the eyes and ears of your wandering sheep and turn them back toward you. I pray that we as your children will be more keenly aware of how to reach your sheep and help guide them back to you . Show us Father how to lead them back as you change their hearts and call them out of darkness and into light. I pray in earnest that all may find their way home, in Jesus mighty name. Amen!

No comments: