Monday, February 16, 2009

Ordinary Men and Women

"Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him." 1 Cor 1:26-29


If you are reading this and believe that the Word of God is divinely inspired and physically written so that mere mortals could comprehend what is in God's heart then this verse is from the Father for you right now.

Friends in Christ, God loves you and has called you out of who you were and into what he has planned for your life since before you were born. All you and I have to do as believers is live it. God is empowering us that we live out his plan for us no matter what our surroundings appear.

God chose ordinary men and women not scholars, influential people or the "best of the best" to do His business. The time is now to see and understand that God wants us to live our lives for Him and the Kingdom in these times. Why are you waiting? Why am I waiting? None of us are going to be any smarter by earthly standards, nor born in a different family. We are in God's family and its time we live like it, start today and watch how the world is going to change. We are the most influential people on this planet when we live like the people our Father has called us to be.

My prayer. Father, today I humble myself and lay all that I have accumulated that has kept me from You at your feet. I am choosing today to let go of the idols and the stuff that is preventing me from fully serving you and being the person you have called me to be. I repent and turn away from everything that displeases and seek your face. Lord give me eyes to see what you see in every situation I face and give me the courage to be a man of God in everything I do. Let my hands and feet be yours. Use me to do that which you called me to do no matter how difficult because I can do all things through You who gives me the strength. I love you Lord now let me act like. In Jesus name I pray, Amen

No comments: