Monday, August 18, 2008

I Will Never Leave You

"As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you." Joshua 1:5

Do you ever feel alone? Even when people surround you, do you ever feel like there is no one there? Sometimes when the pressures of work, finances, or personal tragedy press in, we feel that there is not help there is no relief.

Joshua must have felt that way when he took over leadership of the Jews in the desert just outside the promised land. Moses led the people out of bondage in Egypt and was with them as they wandered in the wilderness for so many years. Now he was gone and it was Joshua who would pick up the mantle of leadership.

As children head back to school, our high school graduates enter college or head off to a distant shore to face unknown dangers in a war torn country, God is there. "I will give you every place where you set your foot," he promised Joshua, "No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life." (Joshua 1:3-5) Just as he was present in Joshua's situation so is he with you and I as we face new challenges in our daily lives.

It is so comforting to know that the God of the universe is not to busy to have his eye on us. He loves us and like a father, uses our life experiences to mold and shape us as his servants. He watches us as we endure life's trials and tribulations that he has ordained for us to develop our character and prepare us for new challenges that we will face in the future. "I know the plans I have for you...." declares the Lord in Jer 29:11. He has ordained for each of a unique life plan that he wants us to live out so that we may be prepared for the service he has called us to in his Kingdom. All the while He is there watching over us with love.

My prayer: Father thank you for always being there no matter what the circumstance. Use life's trials to make me stronger so that I may better serve you and bring you glory. In Jesus name I pray, Amen!

No comments: