Thursday, January 17, 2008

Submit yourself to God

"Submit yourselves, then, to God." James 4:7

Proverbs 3:34 says, "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." Stop and think about what that scripture says. God, the Creator of the Universe, the one who caused it to rain for forty days and nights and flooded the world, opposes the proud. The very thought of God's opposition is daunting. Look at what happened to Job when God chose to oppose him. Consider what Pharaoh and Egypt went through when God wanted the Jews released from captivity. Why would anyone want God to be in opposition to them?

The more I read and study God's word the more simple I find the message. All he asks of us is plain, submit yourself completely to Him and he will give you his grace. How elegant is this truth; a love letter from the Maker of all things to his beloved creation. God only wants us, just the way we are. The scripture continues, "Come near to God and he will come near to you....Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up." James 4:7-10

Father, I submit myself unto you humble and repentant. I ask Father, as I draw near to you, that you draw near to me. Lift me up, pour out your grace on me, and use me fully submitted to your will to be your hands and feet on this planet. Let me serve you with the talents that you so graciously have given me, in any way that you require. In Jesus name, I pray, Amen!

No comments: