Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thanks to my Sheperd

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want." Psalm 23:1

I heard my five year old nephew recite the twenty-third Psalm from memory yesterday and I could not help but think how comforting this scripture is. When our busy lives become a jumble and it seems all is crashing down around us, God reminds us through his word that he will never leave us and he will always provide for us. We are the "sheep of his hand," and he loves us.

Father, although we may not always be aware that you are with us, I know you are. Even when we think there is no hope, your light burns in the darkness to show us the way out of our difficulties. Lord, I thank you for being my shepherd, for caring for me, for leading me beside still waters, and for providing comfort for my soul. I praise you for the gift of your only son Jesus Christ and the redemption he brings through his blood. As I stand before you Father, humble and broken, I just want to say I love you Daddy, and thank you for being my shepherd. I pray to you in the precious name of Jesus, King of kings and Lord of lords. Amen!

No comments: